Puerto del Sol, Pangasinan | A New Year Countdown


For 31 years, it was my first time to celebrate new year with friends. Yes, you read it right - with friends!

Last October, Yani and I were planning to celebate new year in Boracay but the airfare back then until before new year costs too much. For P6000+ one way, of course we can't afford it! (Kung P5999 lang yan, pwede pa! Haha!) Then days before the new year, I saw that Puerto del Sol in Pangasinan will be having their year ender / free cocktail party. I immediately called their reservation office in Ortigas for the details. And yes! Free cocktail party for their guests! Yeabah!!! I texted Yani and told him about it (since kaladkarin namin si Yani, sure syang GO sya..hehehe).

Now, the BIG question is..... Who's going to join? Holidays like new year are supposed to be celebrated with families or loved ones right? Well, if you have read my 1st blog, you'll find out why am I not with my family (chos!). I don't have my Kobe with me and though my relatives invited me to spend the new year with them, I chose to be with friends (maiba lang, haha!).


December 27, 2012, Thursday

I texted most of the numbers on my phone, extending the invite to celebrate the new year in Pangasinan. So far, it's only me and Yani. I asked Yani to invite his friends since I am not much of a company then (balak mag emote sa new year?!). But he answered me, "Ok lang...sasamahan kita". O ha! That's my friend! Haha!

On my way home, It came to my mind that Cel is going to Baguio for new year. I texted her and asked if she and her husband wants to join. Cel texted me, "Mukang ok yan ha, sige sabihin ko kay hubby, balikan kita Gay, ha". Hours passed, Cel texted again, "May signal ba dun Gay, kasi kelangan mag online ni hubby." I answered her, "Alam ko meron, dapat meron, haha! Pero tanong ko ulit tomorrow."


December 28, 2012, Friday

First thing I did was to call the reservation office of Puerto del Sol to inquire about the internet connection, accommodation, etc. Yes, they have wifi, but the quality depends on the number of users. After calling Cel, it became official that me, Yani, Cel and her husband will celebrate the new year in Puerto del Sol.

At around 2PM, I already sent the copy of the P6,100 deposit for our accommodation to the reservation office of Puerto del Sol, and a little past 6, I got our booking confirmation!


December 29, 2012, Saturday

When I was in Vigan, Yani told me that his friend, Gaile, will be joining us on new year - that made us 5!!!


December 31, 2012, Monday

Our call time in Victory Liner Bus Terminal in EDSA-Cubao is 6AM. It's a 6-hour trip so I suggested we leave Manila as early as possible so we could enjoy the beach in the afternoon. But since I just got back from my Vigan trip at 1AM, as usual, I woke up late. Haha! At 6AM, Yani and Cel texted me, "On our way". I told them that I will just catch the next trip to Bolinao as my head and body were aching due to my Vigan trip. Lucky for me when I arrived at 7AM, they were still there and just found out that there's only one trip going to Bolinao in the morning...7:30AM! Hahaha! The next trip will be at 3:30PM. Yani bought our ticket for P459 each.

At exactly 7:30AM, the bus left the terminal to Bolinao. For the 6-hour trip, I helped myself to catch some sleep.

Off to Puerto del Sol, Pangasinan
My Travel Buddies (Gaile, Yani, Alex, Cel)


We arrived Victory Liner Terminal, Bolinao at 11:30AM. We rented 2 tricycles and asked the drivers to drop us at Puerto del Sol Resort.

Multicab going to Puerto del Sol

The view going to Puerto del Sol

After 15 minutes, ola! Welcome to Puerto del Sol. We gave P150 for each drivers.

Puerto del Sol, Pangasinan


Since the maximum number of person allowed in our accommodation is 4, we're forced to upgrade and pay the additional P2385 - from mansion villa to bahay kubo (ayaw pumayag na 'di mag upgrade, willing nga kami matulog sa beach..hehehe).

 At the reception

 The love birds

From L to R (Alex, Cel, Potch, Gaile, Yani)

Here are the shots for Puerto del Sol Beach Resort:

Puerto del Sol Beach Resort, Bolinao, Pangasinan
Pool Area

Puerto del Sol Beach Resort, Bolinao, Pangasinan
Our Bahay Kubo

Puerto del Sol Beach Resort, Bolinao, Pangasinan
If not  for the upgrade, we should be staying in this villa

Puerto del Sol Beach Resort, Bolinao, Pangasinan
Beach Area

Puerto del Sol Beach Resort, Bolinao, Pangasinan
Jacuzzi and Massage Area

Puerto del Sol Beach Resort, Bolinao, Pangasinan
Restaurant

After an hour of rest and wandering around the resort, we went to the restaurant for our late lunch. We ordered milk fish ala cordon bleu and bulalo. Yummy!


We started our Tanduay session at 5PM (poor lang ang drama! Haha!).



We dip into the pool every time we get tipsy. And they have jacuzzi too! Just beware... lots of guests were using it that time, so after a minute of staying on the jacuzzi, you'll start scratching your butt! Eeewww! Haha!

After the Tanduay, we had Toska Vodka (wala na bang mas mura pa?!).

For dinner, we had 1 tomato soup, pinakbet and bangus sisig (try to imagine kung pano namin pinagkasya yan. Last call of order daw is 10PM, so no choice, yan na lang talaga ang pwede kainin).


Outside the resort, we bought Young's Town sardines, Corned Tuna and corn bits - these completed our medya noche! Haha!


And since we love pictures...


At 11:45PM, the guests started to assemble in the restaurant - were the cocktail party is!


Yeah... free food and wine. I am not a fan of wine, but hey, it's free, why not enjoy while supplies last?


January 1, 2013, Tuesday

Happy New Yeeeeeeeeeear!!!! Cheers!


Tanduay + Toska Vodka + Red Wine + White Wine = Sleepy Eyes!

And what's new year countdown without the FIREWORKS?!

Photos courtesy of Yani Boy


We stayed in Laplaya for 30 more minutes before heading back to our kubo. At 1AM, Yani, Gail and I continue our vodka session (wondering where Cel and Alex are? hmmm... they're making out upstairs! Haha! Joke!).

At 3:30AM, we called it a day. I didn't intend to sleep upstairs so I ended up sleeping here :)

Fresh air dito :)

As for Yani, he preferred this open area (take note, pinalayas nya pa si Gaile sa duyan, hindi naman pala sya dun matutulog).


And what we love most about our stay in the resort? The breakfast buffet!!!


To summarize our expenses:

Helpful links:
  • Victory Liner - http://www.victoryliner.com/schedules/
  • Puerto del Sol - http://www.puertodelsol-bolinao.com/ppc/index.html

2 comments:

  1. We're (alex and i) both happy to be a part of this wonderful experience of yours Gay! Kudos! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ang saya naman! Di ko mapigil ang ma-inggit, wehehehe! Nung mga panahong ito, I was also thinking of celebrating New year away from my family, if not only for my Mom who misses us during this season. :)

    ReplyDelete